HOLIDAY BOTTLE BAGS Take the short pieces from your stash and make luscious bags for your holiday giving that are worthy as gifts in themselves! Use them for small items too.
SUPPLY LIST FOR EACH BAG NOTE: Choose a woven fabric such as brocade, silk, lamé • 15”x14½” square for outer • 15”x13½” square for lining • 36” of cording or ribbon
• BUST=Press seam open.
• RST=Right sides together.
• SA=Seam allowance
1. Line up 14½” sides of outer fabric RST. Sew with ½” SA. Backstitch at both ends. BUST seam.
2. Line up 13½” sides of lining fabric RST. Sew with ½” SA. Backstitch at both ends. BUST seam.
3. Turn outer fabric right side out (leave lining inside out). Place lining inside outer, RST, matching raw edges. Sew around one end with ½” SA. Overlap beginning stitches with ending stitches. This makes a tube.
4. Pull tube so wrong sides of both fabrics are showing. Press SA toward lining.